Micro Devotionals for busy people – reading through the Bible at savouring pace.
Please feel free to hop on the bus and join the 3 year plan at any point or just read along.
ENCOURAGED BY THE THE PROPHETS HAGGAI AND ZECHARIAH, THE RETURNEES FROM BABYLON’S SLEEVES ARE ROLLED UP AND THEY ARE BUILDING THE TEMPLE.
- The enemies Tattenai and Shethar-bozenai ask the Persian king Darius to search the archives to verify the returnees’ claim that the Persian king Cyrus decreed the rebuild.
- And that’s exactly what happened – King Cyrus’ royal decree, which authorised the Jews to build together and fund the project – is found!
GOD TURNS SATAN’S EFFORTS AGAINST GOD’S PEOPLE INTO BLESSINGS FOR THEM.
- Satan succeeds in having Jesus the Messiah crucified, fulfilling God’s plan of love and eternal life to save those who believe.
- God will do this in our lives too. He will.
There is no setback, failure, tragedy, disappointment or defeat that God can’t use to bless us.
THE PERSIAN KING DARIUS’S DETAILED RESPONSE TO THE JEWS’ ENEMIES – Ezra 6:6-12 CEV
- He tells the enemies to stay away from the place where the temple is getting built – to clear out and to stop intimidating them, to stay away.
- King Darius goes a step further and makes them to pay and contribute towards the temple.
- Ezra 6:8-9See King Darius threats to God’s people’s enemies. Ezra 6:11-12 Imagined being stabbed by a sharpened wooden beam.
IF WE WERE INVOLVED IN THE BUILDING OF THE TEMPLE AND BEING THREATENED HOW WOULD WE RESPOND?
- Would we be calling on God’s Name and would we have stood firm?
- Or would we respond with pessimism and despair as though we don’t know God?
LET US BE ENCOURAGED WHEN WE ARE TEMPTED TO DESPAIR.
- God uses even opposition to bless His people. God ieven gets the pagan kings to fund God’s work.
- We see here that we can trust God’s Word and plans and He will prosper us in making disciples.
GOD LOVES US HIS PEOPLE AND ALWAYS DOES WHAT IS RIGHT. Those who trust the Lord their God and believe what His promises, are blessed in all they do.