Micro Devotionals for busy people – reading through the Bible at savouring pace.
Please feel free to hop on the bus and join the 3 year plan at any point, or just read along.
IN EZRA 4-6
DESPITE ALL THE THREATS OF THE ENEMY, THE TEMPLE GOT BUILT.
- Ezra uses this testimony to encourage the next generation of returnees from Babylon to continue to build – this time the city and wall despite opposition.
- God provided in every way even through liberal funding by the Persian kings and even contributions by the enemy as instructed by the pagan Persian king.
Often the whole building project looked as impossible as a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.
GOD MADE HIS PEOPLE VICTORIOUS AND CROWNED THEIR WORK WITH SUCCESS.
- And – guess what – despite all the hard labour and set backs, they completed the temple. Later on Ezra and the others would complete the city and walls.
- One day God’s kingdom will finally come and Jesus will present the church faultless before God!
God will also prosper our disciple-making of our children, communities and all nations as we seek His kingdom through difficulties and encouragements.
- For 2,000 years now the church has faced opposition and persecution but the gates of hell have not prevailed against the church. God will prosper His work and our work.
- Let’s take heart! God’s kingdom and church can appear small and insignificant but will certainly triumph.